Training is an essential part of who we are in the realm of Public Health Emergency Preparedness. Because of this, we are committed to providing ongoing training opportunities to ensure that we maintain skilled and prepared public health employees as well as a skilled and prepared community.
Training opportunities are offered at every county within our district as well as at our district office.
State and local jurisdictions MUST comply with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) in order to qualify for Federal Homeland Security/Preparedness grants.
All Northwest Georgia Public Health employees are required to take and pass the following NIMS courses:
NIMS 100.b: http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b
NIMS 700.a: http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a
NIMS 200.b: http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-200.b
NIMS 800.b: http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-800.b
We provide the above NIMS Courses quarterly at the District Office.
We also provide the following trainings to meet the needs of those that we serve:
- Disaster Preparedness for High School Healthcare Science Students
- Disaster Preparedness for College Nursing or Medical Students
- Family Emergency Preparedness
- Incident Command System Refresher Course
- Points of Dispensing Training
- Strategic National Stockpile Overview
- Strategic National Stockpile Disaster Mental Health Course
To find out more about what trainings we offer, contact 706.295.6168